Insight Release Notes
Release version 188.8.131.52 of Insight Lighting Analysis and version 184.108.40.206 of Insight Solar Analysis (Revit 2018 and 2019 Plug-ins)
- Bug fix impacting Lighting Analysis cloud credits for student accounts
- Release version 220.127.116.11 of Insight Lighting Analysis and version 18.104.22.168 of Insight Solar Analysis (Revit 2018 and Revit 2019 Plug-ins)
- Fully-configurable sDA/ASE thresholds on submit run
- Support all international sDA-based analyses now (eg sDA 400/40). (Accessed by right-click on the thresholds frame))
- Default ASE threshold is 20% per https://www.usgbc.org/leedaddenda/100002149
- 'Both' results added for LEED 2009, LEED v4 EQc7 opt 2, and to Illuminance/Custom Analysis as well
- Support all USGBC users now who want the 'both'.
- Added Daylight Factor AVF style, and sets it automatically if results are in that range of 0-100
- AVF automatic visibility when changing section box in 3D view (so AVF shows only within the section box)
- Automatic reset of AVF color-value thresholds for sDA/ASE, depending on thresholds for the run
- Very complete reporting of entitlement, cloud credits, and other issues. Automated self-help reporting.
- Moved the log file from C-drive folder to MyDocuments %special% folder to fix new Windows10.2 permissions issues.
- Export (Excel) deleted from the Settings panel and full-range export placeholder and feedback form moved to the Analysis List dialog.
- Infrastructure ready to release full export capabilities in the future (csv, sdf, spd, xml, etc)
- Settings button added to the main Run List dialog (still available on the Run dialog)
- Allow generate results on partial-failed jobs (fixed a bug where users paid for the failed runs but could not see results)
- Added setting to keep results from other runs in inactive 3D views ('compare' workflow)
- (Basically this option turns off keeping all views in synch with current results generated)
- Removed Best Practices and added current links in all help links to the Insight Forum
- Solar Access bugs fixed (inclusive hours and threshold was unclear)
- Hidden worksets bug fixed
- Partial-failed run results download bug fixed
- Room schedule bug fixed (filter more than 8 Levels)
- Better schedule header information, including what was previously only available in Summary Dialogs
- Calculating LEED v4o2 environments from average of 3/21 & 9/21 per code language
- Legend position placed in a logical place just outside the analysis results rather than the default middle-of-nowhere
- Legend fonts handled better, so the sizing is best per the view scale (still limited to available Test styles, but much better)
- Changed view names to '_InsightLighting' to be unique and avoid any view-finding issues
- Toned down the model change tracking to turn off if any change made and not report again
- Refined RevitRaaS to avoid conflicts with Dynamo version of RevitRaas.
- Improved DDx service error message reporting.
- Enables Architecture 2030 Zero Energy tool for the Insight Architecture 2030 benchmark results.
- Enables Architecture 2030 benchmark result for Single Family building types in the U.S. & Canada.
- Enable heating and cooling loads analysis for non-U.S. locations.
- Bug fix to enable EnergyPlus annual simulations.
- Bug fix to enable Architecture 2030 Benchmark results for non-U.S. locations.
- Export Data and Graphics.
- gbXML Export (Includes Widget Settings).
- Backend Service Improvements.
- Release Notes.
- Move Model Fit & Finish.
- Table Column Data: EUI.
- Simulation Run Time Optimization.
- Export table data for Insight models.
- Expanded table capabilities.
- Move models between Insight projects.
- Expanded list of available currencies.
- Improvements to EnergyPlus heating and cooling load analysis.
- Retrofit Analysis using actual building utility costs and recorded weather data.
- User-defined utility rates.
- In context help and walkthrough content.
- “BIM Settings” for each Insight factor representing as modeled conditions in Revit or FormIt.
- Improved support for mobile and tablet.
- Table view and sorting options.
- Enhanced model viewer functionalities.
- Improved DDx reporting capabilities.
- Model Compare: Ability to compare model performances and metrics.
- Export energy files (gbXML, INP, IDF) for Insight models .
- Energy+ Heating / Cooling Load Visualization.
- Automated reporting to AIA Design Data Exchange (DDx).
- Save and apply Scenarios to multiple models.
- View location and climate charts.
- Rerun model analysis from Insight interface.
- Updates to Architecture 2030 benchmark calculation.
- Sample project accessible when not logged in.
- Expanded unit and preference specification.
- Invite users to Insight projects.
- Performance improvements.
- Formit Support: Ability to generate analysis from Formit.
- PV Factors: Ability to understand impacts of PV Panel Efficiency, PV Payback Period, and PV Surface Coverage.